Monday 26 January 2009

January Highlights

There's no getting around it -- January is a depressing month. And so long! I'm glad this is the last week of it. This is also week 3 of my 10 week term, and thus far...Foxy has been quite well. I know, I should not say such things. In any event, it is nice to know that there are only 2 more months during which Foxy illness will be a real pain in the you-know-what.

Not a heap load has been going on, hence a quiet blog. But there have been a couple of highlights. For our date-nights, we have been going over to the Fun Girls to be fed and to watch the L-Word. We LOVE going to their house because we have an agreement that we do not lift a finger at each other's houses. We also bring no drink and just sit on our fat arses & ask for stuff that we want. All good. Last week they made us pizza:




This all reminds me of how much I hate the whole pot-luck concept. I thought I had escaped it when moving from the US to here, but it is leaking over. I prefer clear boundaries between hosting and guesting.

ANYWAY. We also went away this past weekend for our good friend's hen weekend. It's a shot-gun wedding, so it was a very chilled couple of days at a spa. Foxy spent the night a Grandma's where he insisted that 3-4 am is play-hour. Oh the shame -- he so KNOWS. He is definitely the more difficult grandchild. Get this -- cute cousin actually requests a napkin to wipe his hands after meals. He doesn't need it for his face, he is such a neat little boy.

Meanwhile, we were here....

enjoying a bit of this...

No comments: