Saturday 20 June 2009

Big Boy

Our boy is growing up! Yesterday was his last day in the Baby Room, next week he starts in Toddlers. He has been there for a LONG time, 14 months, and it felt like a big deal. We have been so happy with his care there, and especially because he has had the most wonderful key worker. Foxy definitely knew something was going on, because he did not want to let her go yesterday afternoon. So poignant. He is so lucky to have so many people in his life who love him so very much! I wish I had a photo, but they are a bit funny about photos because some of the parents don't like it. Hey-ho.

And here is are Foxy & Nearest & Dearest off to Socatots this morning:


I may be biased, but SO CUTE!! I'm finding him rather heartbreaking at the moment.

We were talking yesterday about how 12-18 months seems like a bigger change than 6-12 months. Definitely not a baby anymore.

I wish I had really accurate height and weight measurements. I tried recently, and came up with 25 lbs and 76 centimetres. I did these by holding him, and then not holding him, whilst standing on our scales, and by holding up a tape measure whilst he was standing reasonably still watching telly. I was all pleased with self, and went to look up the percentages in the little red book. I don't think the measurements can be accurate. He is a rather lean boy, and I have him at the 50th% for weight, and 2nd% for height. Hmmm...

No comments: