Tuesday 10 November 2009

Words and Such

Last week was draining, Foxy had a runny bottom until Friday afternoon at 4:45. Probably because he heard me say to the creche that I would be bringing him in as soon as there was solid poo. He ain't no fool.

Anyway, I don't have photos, but thought I say a few words about Foxy's words, and other goings on. On Sunday Foxy put 2 words together for the first time! He has said particular phrases before, like, "up-a-t" (cup of tea), but this was the first time (I think) when he put words together himself. The first was "big cuddle" & the second was "more biscuit." That about sums him up, a sappy tart with a sweet tooth.

I also find it cute how very English he is. He says "water" with a very pronounced T, and no discernible R at the end. When we ask him whether he wants jam or marmite on his toast, he most definitely says MARMITE. He wears bright red Bob the Builder Wellington boots.

He is learning contrition and saying sorry, but being rather slow to understand that he could avoid sanctions if he inhibited his aggressive tendencies. He's fine with other folks, it's just his Mums that get in the neck.

He has started bossing us around no end which I find (mostly) amusing. His favourite toys are little matchbook-like cars. My favourites are lovely wooden sets of yumminess. I need to get over it.

3 comments:

JF said...

Thinking of you juggling work and poo and glad to hear that the latter isn't actually being juggled...

Anne Richards said...

I think of how ill I have been feeling for the past three days and wonder how anyone copes when they have a baby or toddler. I hope this week will be better - for Foxy and me.

Anne Richards said...

Where are you? Have you given up? I miss your blog and your podcast. If you are too busy right now, at least come back after Christmas.