Sunday 13 February 2011

Cheerios

Several years ago my sister (the one who does not read this) and I were dissecting an ex-family member. My sister hit the nail on the head when she said, "the thing is, C doesn't get that a lot if life is just sweeping up the cheerios." It was true, and I always think of it when...



Should happen a lot these days, except we are sluts with a twice weekly cleaner. Still, I think of the sentiment a lot. Most of the time I don't mind the mundane repetition of caring for young children, not that I could do it full time, no way no how. But I'm sad to be going back to work, and just a bit jealous of the relentless feeding, wiping, changing, cuddling that will continue around here.

Grabbing what I can for now.




1 comment:

Each Day Anew said...

Oh, boy, he's beautiful! I do so love wallowing under a baby.

TWICE WEEKLY? Holy cow. Just this afternoon I phoned 2 potential cleaners, and am wondering if I dare have them come once a week for a few months before scaling back to twice a month.