Tuesday 12 July 2011

Birthday Weekend

Last weekend was momentous -- Mum's 70th birthday party. The highlight of the evening was the cake:






It's not every day you see your mother's face on a life-sized wonder woman cake complete with golden lasso. I'm not sure how long the baking took my sister, but it took both my sisters three hours to decorate. Attention to detail was impeccable. Harry chose the first incision point:






I can now unveil my stealth knitting project. I knitted a silk shawl. It turned out beautifully, if I do say so myself!







Other highlights were seeing my American sibs, nieces and nephews, my Auntie Jane (aka Super Jane), and my mums best buddies from LA, the glamour boys. I don't have very good photos, but will try harder when each of my US sibs visit over the next few weeks.

Here's one cutie pie pic though, smallest Oxford niece with Tom:



For now, we are back to our regularly scheduled programming.






1 comment:

Each Day Anew said...

Tom is as fantastic as his brother. What delightful children you two have created.

I love how your mum's scarf is so light and lacy that it barely bends the branch. Nice work!