Wednesday 25 March 2009

I'm Back!

What a difference a week makes. I am feeling FABULOUS. Not only is term over, but I had a lovely weekend away with my Mum. We went to the Earnley Concourse. Mum did a course on short story writing. She was a hit! The other folks on her course kept grabbing me and telling me what a clever Mum I have, and how great her stories were. I did, well, nothing. It's not the done thing, but I knew I'd have very little energy, and nothing took my fancy enough to be worth it. I loved every minute of it.

It's a beautiful place with lovely grounds:



I tried to get a nice picture of Mum, but she pulls odd faces. Fortunately she suggested that we take pics of each other taking pics:


It was absolutely perfect Spring weather.


And I excelled at doing nothing.


Seriously, in two days all I managed was to turn a couple of heels and listen to the whole of Freakonomics (LOVE popular social science), and the start of A Tale of Two Cities thanks to Heather of Craft Lit. This is something I would NEVER manage to plough through on my own. Heather cuts in during the first couple of chapters and explains what in heck is going on. Now I'm hooked. Who knew?

All this was interspersed with PLENTY of yummy, if slightly institutional, food:


This place attracts a certain clientele.

Lovely people. I'm not dreading retirement.

No comments: