Tuesday 4 May 2010

A Day According to Plan

I love it when my best laid plans actually work. Foxy now has a swimming lesson at 1:30 on Tuesdays. This is tricky coz it's smack in the middle of normal nap time. Today, all the stars (actually clouds) lined up. First, due to adding another blackout layer, Foxy slept past 8. This meant it was possible to keep him up pre lesson. We also managed to do what we do best:




Then we swam, and I remembered to bring a foxy snack to keep the boy busy while I got myself dressed:








And here's the best part. After all of five minutes Foxy fell asleep, so we are now sitting cozied up in the library:






Don't hate me coz my lace knitting is beautiful. Now, what to listen to on my iPod. Decisions decisions.

3 comments:

JF said...

Don't take this the wrong way, but he looks about 70 having his post swim snacks. Like he may have embarked on something that requires dentures and... they are at home.

Alison Williams said...

No offense taken -- it's true in real-life too, though not nearly as much as the newborn phase. I see this in pics, at the time I was so awash with hormones that I *truly* thought I should stay away from other mothers because seeing my perfect baby would make them feel bad.

JF said...

That is sooooo sweet. That Harry is one lucky little boy.