Saturday 4 June 2011

Gone Dark

Apologies to my two? three? loyal readers. I have to be in the right mood to blog; god forbid it be smug, but dreary details of life with the under fours is always in danger of being tedious reading.

We have endured pox X 2, followed by a family cold. Frankly, the first born has been trying. This will pass.

Normally I can do a knitting update which pleases me, if noone else. I can't do that right now because I am working on a large secret project. I am loving it, but that's all I can say. Here is a tiny cryptic peek:


And I still love my iPad, even though it's now officially outdated. I finally transitioned over to google reader from bloglines, and it's making me happy:


Ok, the wine and playing with hipstamatic doesn't hurt either. Anyway, I wanted to let my loyal readers know about a blog I have recently discovered. It's written by a colleague who has a daughter who is a friend of Harry's at preschool. It's one of those blogs that STRANGERS actually read. It wins awards and stuff. It's about a topic close to my heart - linguistic differences between British and American English. Check it out:
www.separatedbyacommonlanguage.blogspot.com

3 comments:

Alison Williams said...

Ok, using blogpress, does anyone know how to make the pics come out smaller, and square? Or how to edit in blogger so that they come out right? I always have this problem with photos taken via hipstamatic :-(.

lynneguist said...

Belated thanks for mentioning my blog! Just about to post a new post with YOU in it!

Knitapotamus said...

Oooh, thanks for the blog recommendation. Hadn't come across it before and it looks fascinating. (from an occasional blogger in NZ who found yours via your long lost podcast!)