Sunday 11 September 2011

The So-Called Junket

Dear Supervisor,

RE: NYC Trip

I am writing to report back on the trip to New York City with the Williams family. Things started well, baby Puff and I jumped out of the carry-on luggage and enjoyed a jolly flight over the pond.


We looked forward to seeing the sights of the Big Apple, but I must report severe neglect. We were left in our bag, hanging on a doorknob for much of the week.

In all honesty, the "at risk" children seemed to be having a wonderful time. I say this from hearing muffled merriment, and from hacking into the cameras:





Baby Puff and I, on the other hand, did not so much as SEE our toothbrushes for the entire week.

I forewarn you not to be fooled by the charming photos of us beside the dinosaur skeleton (these old bones are certainly NOT on a par with aristocratic dragons such as ourselves). This last-ditch photo op is not representative, I can assure you.


In short, this family can be struck off our register, but I will be claiming over-time. I cannot be held responsible for my actions if this trip is referred to as a "junket" within ear-shot.

Yours sincerely,

Puff Daddy
Social Worker

No comments: