Thursday 5 January 2012

Decluttering Finds

I am a natural declutterer (there must be a better word), but some gems do deserve a photo before they hit the scrap-heap. In my office, I said good-bye to a decade-old floppy disc collection. Don't they look more 1990 than 2001?


Last week Mum gave me some of my knitting pattern books from the 80s. Boy did I love me some Patricia Roberts:


Actually, I'm not quite ready to toss the books. What marvels of shapeless intarsia. In other news, Tom is just past 11 months, and a recent measuring has him at 9.6 kgs. He is in fine form, and starting to climb. Stair gates go up this weekend. I can't remember how long this goes on for. 18 months? Ah well.

3 comments:

Each Day Anew said...

Lovely to see lots of posts!

Having lost the facile metric fluency that three years of British teachers whipped into my young brain I just googled Tom's weight in (stupid) pounds. Got it a bit off and typed in "19.6 kg" and was worried for H's rightful eldest child domination rights until I figured that T wasn't 41 lbs. Phew!

Anne Richards said...

What is intarsia? Would it be a good thing to put some shapeless intarsia on a shapeless body?

Anne Richards said...

Googled intarsia. Now I know.