Thursday 28 August 2008

Children's Program

We have had a series of visitors lately, including two families. Taking inspiration from the yarnstorm blog, I ran a fairy cake decorating activity. I made the cakes, and lots of plain white icing. Participants were then able to choose from my selection of 24 food colouring pots and various sweets, sprinkles, etc for decoration:




One of the things I love about this activity is that appeals to 3-year-olds and 43-year-olds alike, and their output is equally pleasing. The results were fabulous, if I do say so myself:







Our Israeli girls also enjoyed playing with Foxy's post box:

What's that in that little girl's hand I hear you ask? Can you tell here?

It was a chicken bone. Clearly best washed down with a swig of wine:

Our next visitors were the Oxford cousins. If we're honest, Foxy is afraid of his cousin Rosie. Sometimes she just has to lean towards him and he cries. Miraculously, he tolerated sharing a bath with her:

I know, he looks a little scared. Bless him.

No comments: