Saturday 27 September 2008

Quilting Day

Oh my gosh, the new way of being able to upload all your photos at once is so much easier!! They don't come in all out of order now, this is good.

ANYWAY. When we were in France, I decided that I wanted to have one day per month to call my own, and that I would use it to work on quilting projects. I took a quilting class 3-4? years ago, and really enjoyed it. Then we moved to Canterbury, and my life involved driving and fertility clinic appointments. I stopped sewing. It's not like knitting, I can't do it when I'm tired or watching television.

Luckily, Nearest & Dearest agreed to this plan, and she and Foxy are currently in Eastbourne with Grandma and Gramps. Last night I went out with my Mum chums and had a GREAT time. Because I work so much, I don't see them as much I'd like, and it's really nice to compare notes. Foxy is not alone in hating being changed/dressed. I laughed heartily at everyone's strategies and unfortunate incidents and feel 100% better about Tuesday's episode.

Before going out, I dug out my stash for making a brand new quilt top. There was a batch of fabrics chosen by me:

And a more sophisticated palette chosen by Nearest & Dearest:

I tested them out against the colour of our bedroom, and both sets looked fantastic. So I'm going with my stack. The fabric is now washed, dried, and ironed:

I have about 3 more hours, which should be plenty of time for cutting. That's the plan, to have all the pieces for a 5 X 6 Rail Fence quilt top cut by the end of the afternoon.

I'm listening to Knit Picks (podcast) as I work. It's not as great as Cast On, but still heavenly.

No comments: