Wednesday 25 February 2009

Temperament

I keep meaning to fill out a temperament questionnaire about Foxy for remembrances sake, and to give a flavour of what he is like. On one questionnaire (can't remember which) there is an item something like: In the bath, my child splashes vigorously. I think of it often at bath time, as the floor gets soaked. Foxy LOVES bath time, and enjoys playing peek-a-boo with whichever Mummy is out on the landing because our bathroom is that small. Last night the excitement got too much, and he actually FELL OUT OF THE BATH. I have not heard of this. The kid is hyper! Luckily, with a high positive mood behind all that energy.

Anyway, this last escapade lead me to dig out a questionnaire at work today. Here's my baby, in numbers:

Scoring is from 1=Not characteristic of my child to 5=Very characteristic of my child

1. Child tends to be shy 3
2. Child cries easily 2
3. Child likes to be with people 4
4. Child is always on the go 5
5. Child prefers playing with others rather than alone 4
6. Child tends to be somewhat emotional 2
7. When child moves about, she/he usually moves slowly 1
8. Child makes friends easily 5
9. Child is off and running as soon as she/he wakes up in the morning 4
10. Child finds people more stimulating than anything else 4
11. Child often fusses and cries 1
12. Child is very sociable 5
13. Child is very energetic 5
14. Child take a long time to warm up to strangers 2
15. Child gets upset easily 2
16. Child is something of a loner 1
17. Child prefers quiet, inactive games to more active ones 1
18. When alone, child feels isolated 3
19. Child reacts intensely when upset 3
20. Child is very friendly with strangers 4

1 comment:

JF said...

oh, how I wish I had done this with my two. I'm sure if I tried now it would be horribly revisionist...