Saturday 16 May 2009

Saturday Morning Bliss

Nearest & Dearest has long talked about her ideal Saturday morning with kids -- cartoons, football/soccer, McDonald's happy meal. The dreamy part is that this would leave me to have a lie-in, followed by a bit of me-time at home.

I thought it might be several years before this fantasy would come true, but they are doing it, RIGHT NOW. N & D found a nearby Socatots with an opening, and they're there! I think Foxy will love it, as he chases any football he sees, trying to join in with bigger kids.

My plan is that this will be time at the sewing machine, churning through that particular stash, but today I am meant to be catching up on a little work (Foxy and I were off all week with his hand, foot and mouth issue). Instead, I have tidied the living room and am going to sit and listen to the latest Cast On while working on UFO no. 5. By the end of this weekend, I should have only 3 projects left, one of which is the wonderful lacey scarf, so only 2 actual UFO's left. Good thing -- I'm itching to start something new with cables...

1 comment:

Anne Richards said...

You must blog again as soon as they get home. I have to hear how it went.