Thursday 21 January 2010

E-mail from a Psychology PhD student

As some of you may know, I'm spending this weekend blindfolded

as part of my research.


Firstly, it's been suggested that I use my blindfolding to raise money

for a charity. I've chosen the Guide Dogs for the Blind Association and

would love it if you could find a few spare pennies to contribute.

Donating is easiest through my JustGiving site:

http://www.justgiving.com/toms-blindfolding


I'm also trying to arrange for human "guide dogs" to supervise my

adventures over the weekend. I'm trying to maintain my usual routine

where possible, so having helpers is going to be essential. If you can

spare an hour on Monday or Friday I'd be very much obliged. (My other

half has nobly volunteered for Saturday and Sunday.) Let me know and

I'll put you on the sheet.


And I get paid to be here -- happiness.

2 comments:

JF said...

Somehow I didn't read the headline properly and I thought you were embarking on the blindfolded weekend - and I couldn't figure out how your research agenda had shifted so drastically!!!

Anne Richards said...

I, too, thought it was Alison's project and was wondering how she would look after a two year old while sightless!