Thursday 30 December 2010

Appearances...

can be deceiving. Doesn't this look an angelic scene?



In fact it is; children are at their best when asleep, I think. And foreseeing this eventuality, I actually have my iPhone, remote control, and knitting within reach.

But. If you look closely, you will see that the boy is in a towel. I took him scooting, but it ended with a shit in his pants, trousers, and squeezed up onto his vest & shirt. Hence, mid-afternoon bath. So that's how potty training is going.

Also, what is this child doing having a sleep at half past four? Good question. The evil child likes to sleep from about half seven till half five, with a nice hour long nap. I'm so unimpressed. We are trying everything in a random intermittent reinforcement schedule. Genius.

Ah well, this is a lovely half hour anyway.

2 comments:

Nora said...

Ugh - so sorry about the poop. It is so much more tolerable before they start eating adult food. Are you training him so there's only one being in ballots in your house?

I def love mine more when they are sleeping, when I can project my own fantasies onto them instead of living the reality. Especially now, when they are both peaking in different developmental stages and absolutely unfit for human companionship. I kind of wish I could just let them duke it out in a locked room, but someone would take issue with that. They have 4 weeks to shape up or I'm sending them to stay indefinitely with grandma. Or a stranger.

Alison Williams said...

One being in ballots??