Thursday 15 May 2008

The Gift of Time

I'm not quite sure what to do with myself. I usually pick Foxy up from the creche at 4:30, but they rang at 4:15 today to say that he had been cross, so they tried putting him down for a nap, and voila! He is sleeping. So I have some unexpected time. Just enough for some blogging, but not enough for working, me thinks.

We've been having a grand time, Foxy is on good form. We started him on solids about 10 days ago, and it's pretty hilarious. He's not tidy, but certainly enjoying himself. He is bulking out, and down to 4 milk feeds per day now. I *thought* that Tuesday (5 month birthday) was going to be my last breastfeed, but it wasn't to be. I keep waking up with HUGE sore bazookas, so I am letting the boy feed a little (down to 4 mins per side) for my sake, not his. I don't want another bout of mastitis.

Anyway, this also meant that I had my first lie-in yesterday! I woke up at 7:30, so not exactly late, but it was nice to wake up naturally.

Last weekend my Dad was in town, and we had a great visit. It was quite remarkable how well Foxy took to his Granddad. They are peas in a pod in terms of energy level. Live wires the both of them. Foxy's character is coming out more and more, the bathroom and everyone in it gets completely soaked at bath time because he squeals and splashes A LOT. He is desperately trying to crawl, and looks like an upturned beetle. His arms and legs thrash around, but his belly is stuck on the floor. He also manages to turn 180 degrees in his cot by morning. It's a little unnerving.

Home improvements are also well underway. This is my 5th house, and I have gotten good at making decisions and getting work done sooner rather than later. The bathroom is finished, and the painter/decorator has about 8 days of work left. I'll post pics soon...

His majesty has just woken up. Off I go.

No comments: