Tuesday 20 May 2008

Kindness of Strangers

This morning I went into town to buy some clothes. I decided that I needed to accept my size, at least for now, and stop dressing like Britney Spears on a bad day. I picked up a shed load of stuff from GAP without trying on, so hopefully some of it will be alright. I'll post some pics later if there is any improvement to my appearance.

Anyway. We travelled home on the bus, and Harry was not a happy camper, screaming, crying, and carrying on. When he does that it doesn't make me feel SO bad like if he cries in a cafe, because I figure there really is nothing I can do, and this is public transport afterall. Still, it wasn't pleasant, and maneuvering round people to get off the bus was no easy feat. I was glad to be off, and sorting out my bags, etc, when a woman said to me, "Nice calm Mummy. Well done." It was so nice to hear, it made me cry.

1 comment:

JF said...

That is soooo sweet. I can't wait to see you in real life as a mummy - calm or otherwise.