Sunday 22 June 2008

Odd Weekend

Hi there. I'm having an odd weekend. Nearest & Dearest and her Mum are at Earnley doing a digital photography course. Well, Nearest & Dearest is doing the course, and her Mum is relaxing. I like her style. So the plan was for my Mum to come to Brighton and help me empty the kitchen in preparation for tomorrow when work begins. This has still happened, sort of. Foxy is STILL having major blow-outs (bottom end) several times a day which is getting very wearing. And my Mum is here, but she is not well. So I've done about half the kitchen, and I'm afraid I am done. When Nearest & Dearest returns, I plan on taking myself off to listen to Cast On whilst knitting. Doesn't that sound heavenly?

Anyway, Foxy is having a very long nap, as a boy will do who woke up at 5:40. So I thought I would continue my review of self-help books. Though I think JF's post really sums up the true utility of these books! Anyway, when I am feeling like the clutter is out of control, I reach for this tome:

The thing that really sticks in my mind about this book is that it encourages the reader to organize one's home like a kindergarten classroom. With activity zones, and everything (as far as possible) in a labelled location. I even bought a label maker once upon a time to help with this task. Only trouble is, I can't find it amongst all my junk.

2 comments:

JF said...

So, are you to the level of knitting where you could take a vest that I love and fix the fact that it seems to have a life of its own around the bottom, particularly on one side. It has just gotten BIGGER. I keep wanting to just cut some off and sew the two ends together but I know that you can't deal with a knitted garment so ferociously...

Alison Williams said...

I think I must refer you back to the teddy bear post if you think for one minute that my knitting skills are up to altering garments!!