Friday 18 July 2008

More Good Times

Summertime gets so busy with social engagements, it is almost stressful. But I like it that way, and I like the different rythmn of each season. This is the low work, high family season. My sister and her children came to stay for a couple of days this week, and we are off to Oxford on Sunday for a week with my Mum and all the sibs & cousins. We are house-sitting for one of my mother's friends which is perfect. Too much family density can get really ugly. And god forbid we are thrown off THE ROUTINE.

In prep for all this loving, and because I have been feeling a bit weary lately, I am having a night off tonight. Nearest & Dearest and the Fox are going to stay with her Mum, and I am having 24 hours to do exactly as I please. I am really looking forward to the lie-in. I am also having trouble deciding which of the long list of things I COULD do, that I actually WILL do. Hmmm. Tonight I am having drinks with the les over the road, and tomorrow I am having lunch with my Mum chums. If I also go to the gym, my time is running short!

No comments: