Saturday 5 July 2008

Simple Pleasures

We had a FABULOUS night away. I think the best part for me was lolling in bed in the morning, reading the papers with a cup of tea. Fortunately Foxy behaved himself, so maybe it won't be the last time!

In the afternoon Mum and I went to Middle Farm for some lunch followed by a birthday trip for Mum to Charleston. It was a lovely afternoon, and I'm really glad we did it yesterday as the weather doesn't look so great today.

And...it leaves today clear for putting everything away in the kitchen! I am totally over-excited by the project. I am hoping to unearth my label-maker so that I can really go all-out anal.

3 comments:

Homestead Mom said...

Oh, what a super concept. Label maker. As I get ready to transfer all our dry goods into jars so they are mouse-proof and pretty, I was wondering how I'd get my handwriting to be even and attractive while labeling all the jars. I think you just justified a new purchase for me!

JF said...

Can we do these things as well when we are visiting you?

Alison Williams said...

HM - Yes, but there are constraints on a standard label maker. No playing with font. So, labels that you can print on, or a label maker. Sadly, I am serious about this being a difficult (and important) decision for me ;)

JF -- of course!