Friday 28 November 2008

Bursting of the dam

I do miss Thanksgiving. Such a great holiday -- all about the food, and no presents. I hope all you Yanks are having a wonderful time. The other thing I like about Thanksgiving is that it is like a dam preventing the Christmas season from seeping too far back into November. Every year I am asked if I am going to celebrate. No. It's a work day, followed by another work day. Not at all pleasing.

BUT. I have the most wonderful weekend coming up! Tomorrow I am going to London ON MY OWN, for a knitting class. It's all about finishing techniques, and I have 4 projects that need finishing. It should be very satisfying. Then, I am meeting Foxy & Nearest & Dearest in Canterbury for a night with friends. It's a particularly appealing time of year because Canterbury hosts a German Christmas market. I love it. Especially the sausage/hot dog stall.

So, I should have lots of pics & fun things to post about. I have been quiet lately because we have been enduring so much Foxy illness. It really gets wearing, and no one wants to read about that. For the moment, he is well.

No comments: