Wednesday 24 December 2008

Catch Up

OK, having read a few others' blogs, I have realized it is officially time to GIVE UP. No more knitted gifts are to be completed. Sorry Cute Nephew, looks like you will be getting a reversible knitted hat for New Year's instead. As you're 17 months, I don't think you'll mind. I do feel slightly guilty that I convinced Grandma to knit you a matching scarf, which is, of course, finished, wrapped & ready. Oh - what was that? Yeah, I just got over it.

So, I am carving out a little time now to catch up on Foxy's birthday! We had a party with Nearest & Dearest's family, and a couple of my cousins and their children. Foxy LOVED the attentions of his second cousins (is that what they are? Who knows. Anyway, they were 6 & 8, a 1-year-olds delight!).

The children did a WONDERFUL job decorating the cake. BTW, the cake was very tasty too. From Nigella's Domestic Goddess book, first of the children's cakes. Her recipes can be hit or miss, and I am happy to say that this one definitely HIT. Sadly I seem to have no pics of the finished product (very Jane Brocket), but it's all about the process, right?


Foxy had a great time opening his gifts, with a little help from his friends:


Cute cousin helped too:

And they all really enjoyed this big loud plastic lorry (given to us by CHILDLESS friends...)


At the end of all the excitement, Foxy went back to his favourite toy of all, the dishwasher:

It was a terrific day. Has the year gone quickly? Well, no, but I wouldn't have wanted it to.

But that's not all. The following week Foxy had a little birthday tea-party at the creche. I was really glad that Nearest & Dearest was able to come. Sometimes she worries about the amount of time he spends there (30 hours/week). I don't, and I think it's because I am familiar with the place, and I can see clearly that he is so very happy there. Nearest & Dearest could see that too. This was a typical afternoon, 6 babes & 4 lovely ladies taking care of them. I do not think it is typical, I think we are extremely lucky.

Anyway. Here are some snaps of the party. There is something about babies all lined up in high chairs that just makes me want to cry (in a good way). Check them out:






Now, back to Christmas prep. We're hosting, and hoping to make it FABULOUS!

Is it wrong to leave a sleeping child napping for 3 HOURS?? I thought not ;-).

No comments: