Sunday 7 December 2008

He Speaks!

Well, it's been a weird weekend. Foxy has been really ill again. A bad cold, with breathing difficulties as bad as they have ever been. He's been beside himself. Just miserable, poor mite. We know it's bad when he's not sleeping well and off his food. Eating and sleeping are his favourite activities! Then...just when things were really feeling wearing...he dropped one of toys, looked up at us, and said, "uh-oh!" Too cute! So clever.

Meanwhile, I am mostly in a holiday knitting frenzy. I have given myself WAY too many projects with a 25th deadline. I just can't help myself. Also means that I can't bore you with progress pictures, I'm sure you're gutted ;-).

I'm also enjoying some internet stuff at the moment:

1. I found bloglines, and it has made checking my ever-increasing number of blogs of interest manageable. Highly recommended!

2. I have joined audible, and am listening to Malcolm Gladwell's new book, Outliers. I'm liking it very much. Audible seems like a good deal for someone like me who walk a lot listening to an ipod.

3. Not that I have given up on podcasts. Oh no. I'm currently bingeing on CraftLit. Heather Ordover talks about her life and crafty things, and then introduces books or short stories that she then plays from Librivox (free audio books from back in the day -- no longer under copyright). I love it because she was a high school English teacher, and so knows what she's talking about. Thus far, I have listened to Pride and Prejudice, several short stories, and The Legend of Sleepy Hollow. I am skipping over The Turning of the Screw though....

1 comment:

Heather said...

Don't blame you a bit about skipping Turn of the Screw. It was a tough one, though it FINALLY got people writing comments to me to read on the air. Tale of Two Cities is worth it though!
: )
Thanks for the shout out!
Heather (Craftlit.blogspot.com)