Saturday 14 May 2011

It is what it is

Today was one of my top 5 worst days with Harry. Nothing dramatic, just an over-tired horrid 3.5 year old. I should be glad that he only hits his mums, but hey, how about hitting noone you little creep.

Parenting rarely brings me to tears, but really I had had enough:

Harry: why are you crying mummy ali?
Me: because you've been unkind to me all day, hitting me all the time.
Harry: I need a poo.

I was so strung out I didn't even laugh.

Anyway, thankfully we are expecting our first dinner guests since Thomas was born. I'm in charge of pudding. And drinking too much wine. I think everything is going to be A-OK.


(That's butter and chocolate ready for the microwave. Making chocolate mousse cake. There are also 8 eggs involved.)

2 comments:

Anne Richards said...

This blog makes me remember some of the fraught times I had when the upper three were around Harry's age. It can be so tough but, come on, "I need a poo" is priceless.

Each Day Anew said...

Oh, boy, yes. I'm so sorry.

There is a half moon shaped dent in my coffee table from me slamming down my jar of juice hard in absolute futility / anger / sadness. They can push you further than is imaginable with horrifying ease.

Huzzah for chocolate and wine. (I'm not sure what I will do now that I'm officially counting calories. Food and liquor were my rewards for keeping the kids alive. I'll have to find another outlet.)

XOXO