Monday 17 January 2011

Definitely 2

Once upon a time, some 6 years ago, Sian and I decided that we would like to have children. 3 of them. I was going to have 2, Sian 1. I started a go-slow at work, and years of fertility treatment ensued. After Harry was a born, I knew I was done. 4 rounds of IVF was no picnic, I took the hint.






We we starting to think 2 would be enough, but still rather liked the chaotic mad idea of 3. Then it took an age for Sian to get her operations, and instead of a <2 year gap, we have a 3+ year gap. And we are seriously sub-fertile. 2 is enough. Plus, we are not fans of pregnancy. And children are a little tiring in middle age.

So we have been pretty set (and feel extremely lucky) on 2. Until one day in September. Sian says, "Maybe 3?" I said, "If you want to, you go for it." but inwardly I screamed ARE YOU CRAZY?

The thing is, we were here:


All of our meals were cooked for us. Our one child was looked after every morning and evening. We had nothing to do but enjoy ourselves.

About a day after we got home, Sian was emptying the dishwasher, "You know what I said about 3 children? Forget it."

Phew.

1 comment:

Sw said...

I love this post! It made me smile and I can so identify. Can't wait to meet that #2.