Wednesday 5 January 2011

Startitis

I had a wonderful day. Being back at work felt good, and I left a very happy boy at his new preschool class. Too cute, he's the smallest by a bit of a margin. Makes the nappy thing seem less backward I think.

Anyway. I started three new knitting projects today. First, I cast on a very boring black ribbed scarf. This is for my brother in law, it will match the hat I made him last Christmas. I ordered the yarn before we decided to draw names this year, so he will have it as an unseasonable birthday gift.



The saving grace is that the yarn is lovely, and as my at-work project, I can get it done a few rows at a time over many months. Not sure it's wide enough though, how many inches across for a manly scarf? This is only 6 inches...

This evening Sian went out so I played with my yarn stash, listened to people talking about knitting. Perfect masturbation for a middle-aged lesbian, no?

I cast on a very simple cowl that will be my take along project:



Doesn't look like much I know, but it's Malabrigo, and the colour is emerald. Swoon.

Finally, I started a Damson shawlette. A little more challenging knitting for home:



Happy.

2 comments:

Anne Richards said...

1. His cuteness will see him thru and maybe the nursery will convince him to piss in a pot. Have you thought of finding pictures of children on the pot and putting them on the ipad instead of Thomas?
2. 6" is probably too narrow for a manly scarf
3. You are not middle aged. That doesn't start now until 45. Your siblings are middle aged. You are not.

JF said...

RE comment #3 - ouch! But on the bright side, my children are toilet trained:)