Thursday 3 April 2008

Cast On

I have my Nearest & Dearest to thank for this first installment of link love. In preparation for labour, my Nearest & Dearest scouted out some podcasts for me to listen to. She found a knitting podcast called Cast On, which I adore. I did indeed listen to it during early labour, as well as plugging myself into it the night after the Fox was born in order to avoid facing the weird detached empty feeling that came over me. Since then, I have continued to enjoy the podcast during feeding, especially at night (now blessedly rare).

It's a podcast for knitters, but there's a lot of general interest stuff in the shows. I like most of the music, and the host has a lovely voice. Best of all, she just blabs on about her life in west Wales, and it's charming. I love it.

One thing that is really neat is that I discovered that the host of the show, Brenda Dayne, and I have much in common. She is also a transplanted American (ok, I know I was born in England, but did much of my growing up in California), civilly partnered to a British woman. The difference is that she is an expert knitter (obviously), whilst I am an eager but basically crap knitter.

So this week's link is Cast On, where you can download the podcast (62 episodes and counting) and read all about it. Enjoy.

No comments: