Monday 28 April 2008

Chicken

I did indeed joint a chicken. It was successful, though it did demonstrate just how dull my knives are. I have had them for several years, and they are good knives, but they have not been well cared for. Once we get our kitchen done (end June), I will get them professionally sharpened, and never abuse them again.

Anyway, what I should have done was take a photo before jointing, of the jointed pieces, and then of the finished meals. I only have shots of the middle section.

Here it is all jointed up:

The breasts were the most impressive part -- much larger than you get when buying pieces:

Nearest & Dearest marinated these and cooked up a lovely chicken, sweet potato, and green bean meal with a wine sauce. Yummy.

I tackled the dark meat, as I love it. Here it is, looking lovely in our one and only Le Creuset:

I baked it with a barbeque sauce a la Delia. Success.

I then planned to make stock from this carcass:

But it's still sitting in the fridge, waiting for rubbish day. I'm just not that good.

No comments: