Wednesday 30 April 2008

Eat that Frog

I have a rather embarrassing self-help book habit. The ones I favour are designed for business people, or are all about organization. I am NOT drawn to the relationship genre. Anyway, over the next month or so I thought I would select my favourites from the category.

This first one I bought at an airport. I can't remember which one, or where I was going, but I remember allowing myself to buy it because buying stuff at airports doesn't count. Like eating standing up. Here it is:

I figure a book is good if one (helpful) thing from it sticks with you. In this case, that one thing is the title of the book -- Eat that Frog! Basically the idea is that you should figure out what the one big task is that you should do each day. The one you are dreading, and that will make a big impact. Do that one thing FIRST. Mum and I talk about our frogs all that time. Today my frog is contacting someone to replace our boiler. I seem to be blogging first instead. Oops.

There's other stuff in the book too, all very concise, common-sense helpful hints about getting your shit done. Love it.

1 comment:

JF said...

Today I had so many frogs, I wished I could have kissed them instead. But I choked a few down and, hey, you're right, it really works!