Wednesday 16 April 2008

Slummy --> Yummy Mummy

It was time for the transformation to begin. I have been looking much like roadkill, or at least a version of myself pulled through a hedge backwards. Last week I was in Oxford visiting Mum while the bathroom was being done, and she suggested some "treatments." In fact, she suggested this during my previous visit as well, but I declined. This time I took the hint.

Looking at self, I decided the quickest improvement could be made by having my hair cut and eyebrows shaped. Vast improvement, thank you mother.

Then, on Sunday, the in-laws and I discussed doing WeightWatchers. I was all gung-ho, but I had also consumed a fair bit of wine. On Monday I thought no, I won't bother. Not yet. On Tuesday I accidently weighed myself. How does one accidently weigh oneself? Well, I wanted to check on Foxy's weight. Usually Nearest & Dearest does the trick of weighing self with and without baby, but she was at work, so I hopped on the scales without thinking.

OH MY GOD. After the birth I lost all my pregnancy weight in about 4 weeks. During that time I was running on adrenaline, not eating properly, and quite nervey. Then I became a calm & confident parent, and convinced myself that I needed to eat like a pig for my milk supply. I have GAINED over 10 pounds. That, together with the fact that I was far from my ideal weight before getting pregnant means that I am in fact HUGE and not happy about it.

I have taken drastic action. I went to WeightWatchers yesterday. I pretended that I hadn't ever been before. Just a bit of baby weight to shift. I have at least 2 stone to loose. This is going to be a long haul. Obviously I will be keeping you updated with my progress.

No comments: